Horatio Alger Association Collegiate Partners Program
The Horatio Alger Association Collegiate Partners Program is a consortium of colleges and universities who formally share the Association's mission and goals to provide scholarship assistance to deserving young people who have high financial need, demonstrated integrity, determination in overcoming personal adversity, and a commitment to making a contribution to society. Specifically, Collegiate Partner institutions agree to match the Horatio Alger scholarship funds awarded to individual students. When possible, consideration for awarding institutional financial aid packages also includes reducing the amount of loan indebtedness a Horatio Alger Scholar incurs.The goal of the Collegiate Partners Program is:
To improve at-risk student retention, support successful first year matriculation and enhance the potential for academic and personal achievement of Horatio Alger Scholars at the university or college of their choice.
We seek to realize this goal through the following objectives:
- Reducing out-of-pocket college costs by maximizing available grant awards
- Minimizing post-graduation debt
- Promoting Scholar matriculation to Collegiate Partner institutions
- Preparing students to develop academic and personal survival skills
- Encouraging Scholars to access campus support resources and to develop independent goals and expectations for college success
For more information about the Collegiate Partners program please contact us at email@example.com.